CISS was invited to attend and present a paper in the Sixth Al-Taff International Cultural and Scientific Conference in Iraq, Baghdad.
The conference was sponsored by both the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and the Shia Endowment Office.
The Conference was held by the college of Arts, Al-Mustansiriya University under the Title of “The Rise of Imam Hussein: A Stand Against Terrorism and a Call For Reform”.
The Papers presented were concerned with the Battle of Karbala and events related to it in the past and in the present within various research disciplines such as;
- Literary and linguistic studies, including:
- The rhetoric in the speeches of the battle of Karbala.
- The aesthetics of the literature of the battle of Karbala.
- Philosophical, psychological and educational studies, including:
- The woman’s part in the rising of Imam Hussein – Sayyeda Zainab as an example.
- The influence of the rise of Imam Hussein on the awakening of the Islamic nation.
- The educational and psychological proportions and their effect on the revival of the public morale in the face of terrorism.
- Historical, sociological, and anthropological studies, including:
- The role of Ahl Al-Bayt in reviving the uprising of Imam Hussein.
- The social proportions of the uprising.
- The contribution of the youth to the rise of Imam Hussein.
- The influence of Imam Hussein’s rising on the revolt against tyrant governments.
- Studies on information and media, including:
- The role of the rise of Imam Hussein in disclosing the merits of the authorities to the public.
- The effect of mass media and electronic libraries in the introduction of Imam Hussein and his uprising.
The conference was held over two days and attended by senior government officials and academic scholars from both national and international institutes. Participants were also invited to visit the Holy shrines of Imam Hussein and Imam Ali and concluding with a visit to prominent Shia scholars such as the Grand Ayatollah Sheikh Bashir Hussein Al Najafi and Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Mohamed Saeed Al Hakeem where the invited guests had time to listen and engage with the scholars.